Fire Safety This Christmas
With Christmas ever closer and the nation decorating their homes to well and truly get into the festive spirit, the potential risk of fires becomes greater. As such, here are a few helpful tips to stay safe this holiday season and prevent increased fire risks:
- Ensuring that all Christmas lights are of the appropriate British Safety Standard
- Do not place any candles near your Christmas tree or any objects which can catch fire easily
- Test smoke alarms at least once per month
- Avoid leaving any cooking unattended and try not to cook when under the influence of alcohol
- Make sure that family and friends are aware of exits in the case of an emergency
- Keep decorations away from heaters and lights
- Do not leave lighters, candles and matches in sight of children
- Prevent sockets from being overloaded and always switch them off before going to bed
- If using fireworks, note that they are stored safely and never return to a firework once lit
- Beware when near open fireplaces
For more information on how to lessen the risk of fires within your home, please visit: UK Government guidance
To find out how SecuriGroup and SecuriGroup Systems can help protect your home or business, check out our services.
For all media enquiries, please contact the SecuriGroup Communications team at firstname.lastname@example.org
SecuriGroup is rated within the top 1% of approved UK security companies by our Home Office regulator, the Security Industry Authority.
Strengthening the society in which we live, and an Investors in People Gold organisation, SecuriGroup provides innovative and expert solutions to our clients’ security needs. A two-time winner of ACS Champion of the Year, our security management approach shapes the future of the industry by combining physical, electronic, and cyber security to augment our service delivery.